Tuesday, January 12, 2010

power picture

For this project we had to do a quick and small painting of ourselves. I really loved how quick it went because I hate it when projects are dragged out. Overall this was a great experience for me because it taught me not to overthink what I was painting ans just simply paint. I had alot of fun with this project and I hope we can do more 'power pictures'. Also that simply using three colors really teaches you about shadows and light that lets you experince color in a whole new way. I think that was my favorite part about doing this project.

2 comments:

  1. Very good brush work.I like the fact you didnt do a front face but a 3/4 view. much tougher.
    Technically, the nose seems a bit long(or eyes a bit high), this sometimes occurs when the painter holds the panel flat and view it on an oblique angle. When the painting is made perpendicular(like on a wall)to the viewer the face lengthens.You will figure t out on the next one. Fantastic light on the mouth and chin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the composition you chose and the use of shadows!

    ReplyDelete